Our Warranty Policy
GUARANTEE POLICY P R LIGHTING SYSTEMS LTD. Hereby grants a 5-year spare-parts guarantee (starting from the invoice date) for LED Luminaires (an annual operating time of no more than 5,000 hrs p.a. is assumed) on the products distributed by them and installed in the UK, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The lighting system must be registered with PR LIGHTING SYSTEMS LTD. within 90 days from the invoice date.
2. The guarantee applies to interior and exterior luminaires installed within the UK, as well as to other catalogue products for lighting purposes distributed by PR LIGHTING SYSTEMS LTD. (Goods without label/brand PR LIGHTING SYSTEMS LTD. defined for resale are excluded)
3. The guarantee covers faults in material, design and/or manufacturing and applies to the entire product, excluding light sources/lamps, batteries, starters, inverters*, starters and other wear and tear parts and consumables (*NB: inverters carry a 3-year guarantee only).
4. A 5% decline in the luminous flux of the LED modules per annum and a nominal failure rate of 0.2%/1,000h in the case of electronic components such as electronic control gear and LED is permissible and does not fall under the guarantee. Also, dirt accumulation or faults caused by force majeure or mechanical damage (ie transport damage) do not fall under the guarantee.
5. The Guarantee does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from:
a)Fair wear and tear
b)Damage, abnormal storage or working conditions
c)Accident or negligence by you or a third party
d)Your failure to operate the goods in accordance with user instructions
e)Any alteration or attempt to repair by you or a third party
f)Any specification provided by you
6. This guarantee is subject to verifiable compliance with the following terms and conditions:
a)The product must be used as intended in accordance with the applicable product and application specification.
b)Thresholds for ambient temperature and mains voltage must not be exceeded. c)No modifications deviating from the product’s condition at delivery (e.g. fitting of emergency lighting components, exchange of electronic control gear for third-party electronic gear, fitting of control components) are permissible and installation must be carried out exclusively by specialised personnel in accordance with the assembly instructions.
d)Light sources/lamps must conform to the IEC standards applicable to them, and only lamps explicitly designated for use (with identification label/assembly instructions) may be used.
e)Use of special retrofit lamps will void the guarantee.
f)Particularly extreme ambient conditions (ie in coastal areas) shall be subject to written agreement with the manufacturer prior to installation in order for a guarantee to be provided.
g)Maintenance instructions specified in the assembly instructions must be complied with. Light sources/lamps must be exchanged at the end of their service life.
7. If you believe that we have delivered goods which are defective in material or workmanship, you must: a) inform us (in writing), with full details as soon as possible b) allow us to investigate (we may need access to your premises and product samples)If, following our investigations, the goods are found to be defective in material or workmanship and you have complied with the above conditions in full, we will (at our option) repair the goods, replace the goods with an equivalent replacement product or take back the goods in exchange for a refund of the purchase price. It is your responsibility to return the goods at your cost. If we choose to discharge our obligations without the return of goods (ie any repair or remedial work on our behalf by you) the cost of this work must be agreed in writing by us before the commencement of any such repair or remedial work.
8. In the case of exchange, PR LIGHTING SYSTEMS LTD. reserves the right to deviate from the original product and to make any minor justifiable changes in respect of design and features.
9. Should products be mounted where specialised access equipment is required, it shall be the responsibility of the purchaser to supply or pay for such access equipment.
10. In the event of replacement products being supplied, they are supplied on the understanding that there will be no claim for costs of their installation unless agreed in writing by the Company and any replacement goods will be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original 5-year warranty.
11. The Company will not be liable and therefore will not pay for any consequential losses incurred resulting from any defect with the products, including but not limited to delivery costs, assembly costs, onsite installation costs, loss of profit, purchaser’s overhead costs.
12. All guarantee claims will lapse unless they are reported to PR LIGHTING SYSTEMS LTD. within 30 days after discovery of a defect and the invoice/corresponding proof must be presented.
13. Statutory warranty rights remain unaffected and apply regardless of the guarantee.
14. The legal relations in connection with this guarantee shall be governed exclusively by UK law.
*NB Some products only carry a 3-year guarantee. Please check with us for confirmation of guarantee.
**(FOR METALMEK PRODUCTS, SEE METALMEK GUARANTEE